First and foremost, NSF is a community meant for Cybersecurity / IT professionals to share knowledge and experiences. To facilitate this effort there are certain chat channels that are meant for professional discussion only. And others that have less moderation in which users are free to speak their minds.
In the following channels: please refrain from posting memes, inappropriate content, trolling, excess banter, etc. Rule of thumb: If it isn’t appropriate for the workplace, don’t post it.
- ~Announcements - Community news
- ~Blue Team - DFIR and security architecture
- ~Cryptocurrency - Digital currency and the blockchain
- ~Education - Self improvement, certifications, degrees, and training
- ~Events - Meetups, events, and conference
- ~General - General technology discussions
- ~Hack The Box - All things HackTheBox.eu
- ~Hardware - Physical hardware, embedded systems, servers, switches, laptops, desktops, etc.
- ~Jobs - Career development and job postings
- ~Linux - Everything *nix
- ~Livestream - Livestreams and webcasts
- ~News - Newsbot feeds
- ~Programming - Programming, development, and scripting
- ~RE & Exploit Dev - Reverse engineering and exploit development
- ~Red Team - Offensive security, pentesting, redteam, and social engineering
- ~Vulnhub & CTF - CTFs, Vulnhub, boot2root challenges
- ~Windows - General chat about anything Windows
On the other hand, the channels below are considered more casual and unmoderated. People are free to speak as they wish here as long as they do not violate the General Rules. We’re a big believer in free speech, so please respect everyone’s right to express themselves. Note: These are not default channels.
- ~Entertainment - Music, movies, tv shows, video games, and more
- ~Offtopic - Anything goes
- ~Politics - The only place for political discussion
- ~Sysadmin - Sysadmin workplace musings
- Keep all discussions in their correct channels.
- Do not post content that is pornographic or graphic in nature.
- Do not directly link to any “pirated” materials.
- Do not spam any channel for any reason.
- Do not make political comments in channels besides #politics.
- Do not use this channel as a platform for any illegal operations.
- Do not post malicious links or content with the intention of infecting others.
- Do not make threats, physical or otherwise.
- Please Do not beg for donations / money.
Last but not least, please try to be kind and considerate to each other - remember that we are trying to build a productive and collaborative community, let’s all learn something together.
Hack The Box Rules
- https://www.hackthebox.eu/home/rules always applies
- No spoilers.
- No box names.
- Definitely no box names followed by spoilers.
- Your message has been deleted because you broke one or more rules.
- Ask better questions about tools and techniques; learn something new rather than how to solve that particular box.
- No unsolicited DMs for hints or spoilers.
Certification Study Rules
- Do not break any rules belonging to the certification’s vendor.
- Do not post any “braindump” and cheating materials.
- For #oscp / #osce:
- Do not give or ask for spoilers.
- Type !oscprules in #oscp for full rule listing.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact one of the moderators listed below: